I have previously defended some of Mitt Romney’s seemingly absurd statements on this blog. I will not do the same for “I’m not concerned about the very poor.” Yes, he clarified that they have a safety net and that’s why he’s not concerned, but it’s impossible to take seriously his promise to “fix it” if it needs repair, while he campaigns on eviscerating the safety net and a massively regressive change in the tax structure. That’s just lying (which, as we have established, he does.)
February 7, 2012
Mitt Romney really stepped in it this time.
By Joe Colucci
About Joe Colucci
From Michigan, now in Boston via DC and NYC. BA in Economics from NYU. A geek and a nerd, of the type that thinks there's a meaningful difference between the two. Avid fan of good TV, good argument, good beer, good food. I work at the Lown Institute on reforming the health care delivery system, and I blog on anything else that strikes my fancy at wonkinakilt.wordpress.com. Obviously, anything that I post on Twitter or Wordpress is my own rambling, and is not endorsed by any employee, colleague, or acquaintance, past, present, or future. View all posts by Joe Colucci
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 at 2:51 AM and tagged with economics, GOP, inequality, Mitt Romney, political rhetoric and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @alex_mallin: FBI director Jim Comey is at the White House, @ABC confirms. No answer from WH or FBI on why he is here yet. 1 hour ago
- RT @kylegriffin1: Spicer: Trump "used every minute of every day" to get this done. Trump pretended to drive a truck y'day as the delayed v… 1 hour ago
- RT @jbarro: Ryan is aware that he does not, technically, need Trump's permission to pull the bill, right? 1 hour ago
- RT @twoscooters: Okay. I know this cake is a number 1 and it says “Emma," but it LOOKS like a dick with balls that says “WEED" https://t.co… 1 hour ago
- RT @davidminpdx: Friends use/share drugs with each other. Awful unintended tragedy occurs. Prosecutors' solution? Incarcerate grieving frie… 4 hours ago
- abortion ACA AI Anthony Kennedy Antonin Scalia Apple atheism behavioral economics Bryan Caplan Commerce Clause common sense crap jurisprudence creative destruction debates debt ceiling economics Euro European sovereign debt crisis Facebook responses federal budget fiscal policy Florence v. Board of Freeholders Fourth Amendment GOP government Greece gun control guns health care delivery health care systems health policy human rights income distribution inequality institutions law logic manufacturing Mitt Romney Munk debates New America Foundation New Health Dialogue Newtown Nudge Obamacare obesity philosophy platinum coin political rhetoric politics PPACA rationality religion Ron Paul SCOTUS social stigma Spartacus tax code trolley problem TV Twitter